Citizens Advice Mid Suffolk can advise you on all aspects regarding the family, including separation and divorce, maintenance and child support, parents’ rights and responsibilities, birth and adoption, change of name and what to do when someone dies.
A local firm of solicitors run a bimonthly family law clinic from our offices providing free half-hour appointments to eligible clients. In order to book an appointment, you will need to see an adviser first to check you meet the criteria for an appointment.
For detailed advice and information please contact Citizens Advice Mid Suffolk by email, phone or drop in and see us alternatively visit www.citizensadvice.org.uk
Other websites that provide useful relationship and family advice include
- Information on child support can be found at www.gov.uk/child-support-agency
- Support and advice for victims of domestic violence against women and children: www.burystedmundswomensaid.org.uk or www.lighthousewa.org.uk
- Relate offers advice, relationship counselling, mediation, consultations through face-to-face, by phone or through their website www.relate.org.uk
- Support and information for people who are home carers Suffolk Family Carers
- Homestart – offers support, friendship and practical help to parents with young children throughout Mid Suffolk area www.homestartmidsuffolk.org.uk