In 2016/17 volunteers at Citizens Advice Mid Suffolk donated £357,000 worth of their time.
Our volunteers support people either face-to-face, over the phone or via email. Over the past 12 months they have helped local people with over 9,000 issues, by:
- Standing up for people’s rights at work if they believe they have been bullied or unfairly dismissed.
- Improving people’s budgeting skills, by finding ways to save money on fuel bills.
- Helping people to check they are claiming all the benefits they are entitled to.
- Assisting tenants to ensure they are fairly treated by their landlords.
- Dealing with debt, designing repayment plans and negotiating with lenders.
James, a Volunteer Adviser said: “At Citizens Advice Mid Suffolk, if you give your time you get a lot back. It is really satisfying being able to help people solve their problems and see that a weight has been lifted off their mind. Being a volunteer has also given me an opportunity to learn valuable skills and work with great people. I would recommend it to anyone who is thinking about volunteering at Citizens Advice Mid Suffolk.”
If you want to improve your skills, learn new ones and help us to deliver a great service, then there is a role for you at Citizens Advice Mid Suffolk.
- Advisers – Interview clients and provide practical help and information tailored to their individual needs
- Administrators – Ensure the office runs smoothly by supporting in various administrative tasks
- Receptionists – Greet clients and visitors, explain our services and monitor client numbers and waiting times
- Trustee Board Members – Responsible for the strategic direction and financial stability of Citizens Advice Mid Suffolk
- Campaigners – Collate evidence forms and identify relevant issues in Mid Suffolk
- Fundraisers – Help raise much needed funds to enable Citizens Advice Mid Suffolk to keep delivering a modern service
Interested? Download volunteer application form here
Paid Staff Vacancies
We do not have any vacancies for paid staff at present.