In 2016/17 volunteers at Citizens Advice Mid Suffolk donated £357,000 worth of their time.
Our volunteers support people either face-to-face, over the phone or via email. Over the past 12 months they have helped local people with over 9,000 issues, by:
- Standing up for people’s rights at work if they believe they have been bullied or unfairly dismissed.
- Improving people’s budgeting skills, by finding ways to save money on fuel bills.
- Helping people to check they are claiming all the benefits they are entitled to.
- Assisting tenants to ensure they are fairly treated by their landlords.
- Dealing with debt, designing repayment plans and negotiating with lenders.
James, a Volunteer Adviser said: “At Citizens Advice Mid Suffolk, if you give your time you get a lot back. It is really satisfying being able to help people solve their problems and see that a weight has been lifted off their mind. Being a volunteer has also given me an opportunity to learn valuable skills and work with great people. I would recommend it to anyone who is thinking about volunteering at Citizens Advice Mid Suffolk.”
If you want to improve your skills, learn new ones and help us to deliver a great service, then there is a role for you at Citizens Advice Mid Suffolk.
- Advisers – Interview clients and provide practical help and information tailored to their individual needs
- Administrators – Ensure the office runs smoothly by supporting in various administrative tasks
- Receptionists – Greet clients and visitors, explain our services and monitor client numbers and waiting times
- Trustee Board Members – Responsible for the strategic direction and financial stability of Citizens Advice Mid Suffolk
- Campaigners – Collate evidence forms and identify relevant issues in Mid Suffolk
- Fundraisers – Help raise much needed funds to enable Citizens Advice Mid Suffolk to keep delivering a modern service
Interested? Download volunteer application form here
Paid Staff Vacancies
We currently have a vacancy for a PR and Communications Officer based in Stowmarket.
Part Time 16 hpw, working three / four days per week. Fixed term for one year. £8,694.40 pa *plus pension
We need an enthusiastic, inspiring, effective and innovative PR and Communications Officer. You will play a key role in marketing our services and raising awareness of the charity. In addition, you will provide administrative support to the Trustees and the Management Team to achieve the organisation’s strategy.
You will be at the core of our marketing work and be responsible for co-ordinating diverse marketing projects. You will have experience of planning and developing marketing campaigns, working with all media and a proven track record of identifying opportunities and delivering against them.
Please email email@example.com for a Job Pack
Closing date: midday, 5 June 2017.
Interview date: w/c 19 June 2017.